Society Of Strays/Mononoke Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Lower Beach
What ya readin' EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:58 pm by Key

» The Best Funk Of The 70s
What ya readin' EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:55 pm by Raven

» The Ever-Changing Cliff Face
What ya readin' EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 am by Raven

» Joining Forms
What ya readin' EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:57 pm by Blade

» Where The Fish Swim In Many
What ya readin' EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 am by Key

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Welcome Back Everyone!
Affiliates
free forum

What ya readin'

4 posters

Go down

What ya readin' Empty What ya readin'

Post by Raven Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 pm

What book are you reading and how do you like it so far.
(1-hate it, 10-best book ever!)

Me:
Pet Semetary by Stephen King (8)
-Its about a pet cemetary that brings things, buried there, back to life.
-Kind of gory but I don't really mind it.
-Its a horror story, so read it if you dare.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

http://anthro.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What ya readin' Empty Re: What ya readin'

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm reading 'Double Cross' by James Patterson. I'm only a few pages in, so it's pretty early to judge, but I've heard alot of good things about it and James Patterson is awesome. I can infer it'll be a nine or ten^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Hey ! Very Happy Raiden here xD
Those books look like there interesting I'll try and read those when I get the time.
As of now I'm almost done reading some random book I bought in a bookstore near my house. Its titled "Flesh and Bone" by Jefferson Bass. It's also gory and a little offending to some people I guess but Its an interesting read. At least for me It is.

Anyways glad to see the site going ^^.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

I love James Patterson. Ever read Maximum Ride? The best.

Sahara
Clive Cussler.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What ya readin' Empty books

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 pm

I just finished "a guide to a happy, healthy pet: Border Collies" I'd have to give it a nine, it's the most detailed breed specific guide I've read--and I've read longer books that weren't near as detailed as this! Laughing Another book I like is "Angus and Sadie" I'll give it a eight, it's a good idea, and it's nice and long like I like books to be, but some of the wording could have been better, and the pictures aren't that great, but, overall it's a nice book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Love Mximum Ride! One of my favorite James Patterson book(s)!

Alaska, I love collies but that's intense! How many books similar to that do you read? You seem very knowledgeable:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 pm

I don't want to brag, but I do know allot about cats and dogs. Did you know that cats have some of the best ears in the world and that they can hear better then dogs? Did you know that the Afghan hound is the dumbest breed of dog, the Border Collie is the smartest, and the poodle is the second smartest? I'm writing a book about a Border Collies and I'm starting ones about Shiba inus and about German Shepherds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Finished Pet Semetary this morning. 8/9-10. It talks about death, resurrection and the effects it has on the human mind.

Ally the AKC used only one type of test to determine the smartest and dumbest dogs. They used how the dogs affect to vocal commands. Afghan hounds and greyhounds were bred to think for themselves when they were farther from the hunters. Collies, though very smart, affected the most to vocal commands because they were bred to follow vocal commands when herding livestock. If they had used different ways to test intelligence the outcome may have been very different. Sight hounds are very smart actually.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:54 am

Yea, I know, I believe that all dog breeds can be smart,but, however, Chaser the Border Collie knows and can respond correctly to one thousand nouns and twenty two verbs, and if told to fetch an item that she has never seen before, she will find and retrieve it correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Who here reads "the saddle club?" I like that series. I'm currently writing a books about Border Collies, Shiba inus, and a detailed novel about our pets and how they've changed our lives(or in one case saved them)! I'm calling the novel "pet protectors" because that's what we do, take in stray cats and dogs and get them back to heath then find they're original owners or find them new homes (if we grow attached to the animal we usually keep it Cool )!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiera Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Alaska wrote:I don't want to brag, but I do know allot about cats and dogs. Did you know that cats have some of the best ears in the world and that they can hear better then dogs? Did you know that the Afghan hound is the dumbest breed of dog, the Border Collie is the smartest, and the poodle is the second smartest? I'm writing a book about a Border Collies and I'm starting ones about Shiba inus and about German Shepherds.

Your not bragging, I believe ya! You seem like an intelligent person; Do you think you will become a veterinarian?
Also, my dog is a Chihuahua (Sophie) - but she's the dumbest dog on Earth, in my mind. She's so old, sticks her butt out of her dog house, and barks to herself. WHAT THE HECK SOPHIE?!
Anyways so yeah, I love Shiba Inus, and I am typing up a small documentary on them. Hopefully, I can turn it into a small film like the show "Dogs 101," which I will use some clips from.

OH YEAH, MA BOOK. :B
I'm not reading anything at the moment, but I am on the look out for a good book. The most recent book Ive read was "No Fear Shakespeare; Much Ado About Nothing." I just love Shakespeare, and all of his poems. He is the man who inspires me to write my literature, and I memorized a verse of my favorite sonnet from him:

SONNET 18
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
and summer's lease, hath all too short a date.
Fiera
Fiera
Bulk Warrior
Bulk Warrior

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:05 am

Thanks, and yes, I really want to be a vet when I'm old enough! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiera Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

So yeah, imma be the best vet I can. ^^

Ok so I got a new book, and I am reading it now for my Language Arts class. Most students are like "EHHHH A BOOOK..." Uhm, no, it's not that boring. It's called "The Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963." It's an inspirtational - yet funny - novel about a family, 'The Weird Watsons,' who are going through life as African Americans. It's based on the 'darkest moment in American history,' which was the bombing of a civilized church. 4 young women died on the same day during church, although, there was a security camera. They say a white man in a turqoise corvette placed a box - filled to the very top with dynamite - under the church steps, and mysteriously drove away. At 10:22 AM, the bomb exploded, killing those 4 girls and injured 22 locals. This book is about 130 pages long, but it's very short.

Enjoy! :3 Also, if you agree with me, we should all have a moment of silence right now to pray for those who lost their lives on that very unfortunate day.
Fiera
Fiera
Bulk Warrior
Bulk Warrior

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm currently reading Tender by Valerie Hobbs. It's a really good read. (I think you should read it Raid) its really fun and fast paced.

Also reading Dead is the New Black by Marlene Perez. It's a horror mystery book. I read the whole series backward.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm

i'm reading "the broadsides from the other orders:a book of bugs" by sue hubbel

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 am

Carrie by Stephen King
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Well, I just read these because they were rquired by my class but...

(I'll give it a 7/10)
- Corrupt dystopian society where media is censored and everyone is trained to kind of be zombies and not do anything for fun. There's no "relationships" (in fact, enjoying the act of copulating is enforced as disgusting and only to be used in procreation) and children basically turn against their parents if they're committing "thoughtcrimes" or basically any rebellion of the mind. Wilson Smith begins a sort of rebellion, aided later by a young miss (I forget her name... it's not really important anyways) and a Mr. O'Brien. It's an interesting and almost thought-provoking about what our government's doing today... and what we might become

Brave New World
(Maybe a 6)
- Another dystopia, but this is where they genetically engineer humans into castes (social classes) and try to make everyone the same (through a process that makes them able to create 96 identical twins). Everyone does everything out of pleasure, behaving pretty much like children.  ("Civilized infantry") It focuses a lot on if passion and true feeling were taken out of our society, the ideas of deep-thinking and things being done not because of their "amount of fun" (didn't know how to word it)

Both books are really wordy, and I don't recommend readers under 13 (the vocabulary is way up there, and some content may not be suitable for younger kiddoes. And before you get huffy and indignant, I'm not saying younger kids cannot "enjoy" these, only stipulating that it might be better if you didn't. Like Raven's Stephen King's books, read at your own caution)
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:26 am

Carrie was a 7, just a warning it is very gory

Just finished reading Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. That was pretty good, it was about ley lines and the ancient king Glendower and these teens quest to find him. I give Raven Boys an 8/10.
Raven
Raven
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum