Society Of Strays/Mononoke Militia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Lower Beach
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:58 pm by Key

» The Best Funk Of The 70s
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:55 pm by Raven

» The Ever-Changing Cliff Face
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:36 am by Raven

» Joining Forms
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:57 pm by Blade

» Where The Fish Swim In Many
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 am by Key

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Welcome Back Everyone!
Affiliates
free forum

The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey

+3
Fiera
Raven
Demon
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 Empty The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey

Post by Demon Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Hunters of all sizes and Warriors use this area the most. The grass is tall and yellow offering lots of the necessary cover to hunt well. Many creatures weave their paths of life here. Beware of Lynx, and Bears, but look out for rabbits, mice, marmots, and spurs hens. This place can provide a fast meal, or your last meal.
The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 Meadow
Demon
Demon
Admin
Admin

https://societyofstrays.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Kimmi nervously pads up to the wolf. She couldn't remember the last time she encountered other wolves. Her heart was pounding with anxiety. She looked curiously at the wolf. Female., she thought. She swallowed the lump in her throat, and stepped infront of Sharon. "Hello.. Im Kimmi."

Back to top Go down

The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dangerous Meadow Harbors Many Prey

Post by Sharon Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 pm

***Sharon***
Sharon was just about to wander off, when another female stepped in front of her and introduced herself, as Kimmi. She was glad she could meet other wolves as well. She smiled and replied "Hello, Kimmi. I'm Sharon. Nice to meet you, Kimmi. How are you doing?" She was glad the pack started to greet her, she was worried the pack members wouldn't want her in the pack. Sharon sniffed the ground once more before turning towards Kimmi. Sharon quickly noticed that Kimmi wasn't used to this, she could tell she was a bit more nervous. She shrugged and tried not to make her more uncomfortable.

***Warner***
Warner heard some females talking, and quietly went towards the sound. He decided to get a good night's rest in the meadows. He was more tired than he could ever be. His eyes closed to the sound of females. He fell asleep hoping he didn't snore too loud.
Sharon
Sharon
Lead Hunter
Lead Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 am

He smells more visitors. He sighs.

"More of them? .. I do not have time to deal with all of them. I hope Raven would comeback quickly"

Raiden Howls to let other visitors now that he knows of their presence and that they shall need to face him if they wish to stay in their land. "Now come, all of you. I shall show you all to the den." He instructed.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 pm

"Looking for a new pack, eh? Then would you like to join our pack?"

Serenity opened her mouth to reply, but then she wasn't quite sure what to say. However, the other fae answered first, saying that they both would be glad to join but then corrected herself. Serenity nodded towards her gratefully, then turned to Raiden. "Yes, I would be delighted to join." After Serenity had said this, the same fae introduced herself as Sharon. "Pleasure to meet you Sharon, I'm Serenity." The almost-all white female replied, wagging her tail for a moment as an act of friendliness.

"Now come, all of you. I shall show you all to the den."

Serenity nodded and smiled, looking forward to getting some decent rest once shown to the den. In the morning she could eat a small piece of prey that the pack had already caught, then go hunting by herself, or perhaps with the other newcomers if she could persuade them. It would be a kind gesture that would hopefully earn respect for her and the other new members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharon Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:38 pm

***Sharon***
Sharon quickly nodded when the male told them to follow. She trotted close after him, looking around the surrounding. She heard another creature behind her, and turned around to see. Apparently, there was a small fox, following along. She gave him a smiled, but he didn't look so interested. She shrugged and kept close to the male, and others.

***Warner***
Warner scrambled to his feet when he heard wolves leaving somewhere. He growled then followed along. 'This is not what I thought, oh, well, he said 'newcomers' I guess I'm joining this pack, wonder what it's like' He rolled his eyes and followed, crouching low.
Sharon
Sharon
Lead Hunter
Lead Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiera Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:46 pm

FIERA

Fiera turned her head to Raiden, and listened to his offer. "That would be lovely, although no need for a source of transportation. However, if dear Tarnish would like to travel upon your back, I have no problem leaping through trees." The red fox smirked, and slowly begun to rise. She nodded down to the tiny Tear, and thought of how pleasant her company meant to Fiera. She spotted a bird as it caught a little moth that seemed to bother Tarnish. Fiera sighed tiredly, and looked up at Raiden. "Now Raiden, lead the way!" She swiftly leaped onto a tree's bark, climbed to it's branch, and dropped her tongue playfully. I think that was a wolves sign of happiness, right? She thought.
Fiera
Fiera
Bulk Warrior
Bulk Warrior

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:31 am

~Switching to The Peaks Where the Heavan's Touch The Earth [The Lower Peak]~
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiera Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

FIERA

~ Walking with Raiden and the others to "Where the Heavens Touch the Earth (The Lower Peak) ~
Fiera
Fiera
Bulk Warrior
Bulk Warrior

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm

They arrived at the meadow. Blade was closely following him as he led the way to the hunting ground. "Okay, we're here." Raiden declared. He sniffs the air, attempting to find the scent of any wandering elk but to no prevail. He instead turned to look at Blade. "Can you track them down?" He asked the neon green male. While waiting for a response from the youth, Raiden paid attention to the earths vibration from his paws. He has always hunted this way. He buried his claws into the soft ground and tried to felt vibrations, while his ears we're perked and flicked to different directions. His claws dug slowly to the dirt, when he finally felt something. A small herd was near by but he could not pin point there location. "A small herd..." He trailed off. He looks at the young male once again, hopefully expecting that the youth had gotten the scent of the herd.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 am

"Okay, we're here."

Blade paused a moment, taking in his new surroundings. The grass was up to his shoulder blades but very instable. He'd have to make sure to move slowly and not brush them around. Sunlight filtered from the canopy at odd places. After Raiden sniffed and asked him, he lifted his muzzle to the sky and inhaled. An overpowering aroma he'd never smelled before (elk) flooded his nostrils and he looked over at Raiden skeptically but didn't say anything. The red wolf was, after all, a lot bigger and more experienced than him. Blade's ears perked as he watched the other male digging his claws into the earth and standing absolutely still. His head tilted to the side curiously. "What are you doing?" he asked. When Raiden looked back up at him expectantly he remembered about the scent. "Oh right! Umm..." he sniffed the wind again, twisting his neck to see if it was stronger from a certain direction. "This way..." he said, adding a mental 'I think'. He padded in the smell's direction, moving through the wild grass carefully but quickly. His ears remained pricked to listen. His neon eyes shifted from side to side, as if expecting something to jump out, but instead looking for any small prey. Used to that way of hunting, the habit quickly showed in his movements.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 am

"What are you doing?"

"well.. you see, my sense of smell is pretty much worse than anybody else. I make up for it by feeling and concentrating on what's around me." He explained softly while not really looking directly at Blade. As they walked towards the direction Blade had lead them, Raiden finally smelt the scent. They we're probably nearing the herd, if he already was able to smell the scent. After a few more meters of walking, Raiden finally saw the small herd from afar. "there they are." He said as he started to lay low. He scans the area for any suitable catch but the herd's buck caught his attention first. Though the herd was small, the buck was huge and muscular. It might be better to stay away from him. "Better stay away from that buck, lad." He warned the youth. After Raiden scanned the herd again, he see's an elderly elk that was falling behind. "Let's go for that one." He suggested but did not wait for the young male to answer and just went for the kill. He crouched down even lower as he neared the location of the targeted elk, not daring to make a sound. "Wait by that small cliff. I'll chase it and lead it there. So, Be ready." He whispered. Raiden was planning to corner it, so that it won't escape and since there were to of them, getting this elk would be an easy win. He smirks as the excitement was starting to rush in Raiden's blood. He was ready to chase.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 pm

As Raiden explained about his alternative way of sensing prey, Blade didn't say anything. He didn't exactly understand it, because he'd never felt anything make the ground move. To him, earth was as solid as rock, except when it was sifted around. He'd have to ask Raiden how to do that some other time... anyways! Blade's focus snapped back into place right as Raiden spotted the herd and spoke. Blade lowered himself to the ground slowly but quickly (if that makes sense) and followed behind Raiden. "Better stay away from that buck, lad," the other male said. Blade took another look at the herd. Though he'd seen the carcasses before he hadn't seen elk in a long time. They were tall and seemingly lanky, with branches sticking out of their heads on some-- one in particular. It was the biggest and looked the meanest. He figured that was the buck. When Raiden explained the plan, Blade nodded once and slunk back the way they'd come a little ways before making a wide circle towards the cliff the red wolf had pointed out. He didn't stop moving slowly until he was completely behind the boulder. His legs tensed as he paused and lowered himself before springing up. It wasn't especially high and he didn't have a problem. Blade walked to the edge of the cliff, wanting to see how far it was to the ground so he could judge the distance when the time came. As his eyes peered over at the earth beneath they dazed and flashes of a roaring river pounded beneath. Blade's heart started beating wildly and he looked towards Raiden who showed that he was ready. Gulping slightly, Blade backed thankfully a little ways from the edge and waited for the frightened elk to come. He wasn't sure he wanted to jump anymore but he mentally steeled himself and his brow knit in concentration of the task ahead.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:30 am

Blade had already positioned to where Raiden had instructed him. The only thing left to do was chase the elk. Slowly but surely, Raiden went closer and it seems that the elk hadn't noticed him yet. He took this chance and lunged for their prey. He didn't bite yet and just clawed the doe, making it run from fright. The other elk that was with it, already ran ahead but the large buck was still eyeing Raiden. The buck did nothing but stare while Raiden continued to chase after one of its own. Raiden noticed the large buck's actions and was in confusion. "Well.. Looks like someone doesn't want you anymore." He said directed at the elk he was chasing, while a smirk formed into his maw. The elk kicked it's hind legs at him, hitting Raiden at the cheek, but he remained unfazed. After a few more runs, the elk was beginning to weaken due to exhaustion and Raiden began to lead it towards where Blade was. The doe started to panic as it saw that there was a large boulder that hindered it's way. "Now, Blade!" He yelled at the green stripped male.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm

"Now, Blade!"

With one last exhale Blade jumped over the edge, extending his toes and his claws with them. A howl of determination ripped from his chest and his mouth opened in the snarl. The elk made whatever kind of noise elk make (OOC: lol) and tried to escape, but there was nowhere to run. Blade's claws connected with its upper shoulder-blades and he dug them in. His weight pulled them down a little and opened the wounds. They oozed sticky red blood and the doe tried to twist away from the latched-on wolf. When that failed she tried to rear up, though the little weight Blade possessed was enough to keep her relatively on her four hooves. In a last attempt, the terrified creature gave out a guttural, frightened cry for help. Blade's eyes shifted to the herd, expecting them to come rushing to the rescue. It was the opposite. Most of the herd was walking casually away, while the lead buck watched them. Their gazes connected and the two stared at each other for a moment. Then the buck turned and abandoned the doe, showing no sign of emotion.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:05 am

Raiden had already yelled out the signal to Blade and as expected, the young male responded to the command accordingly. He smiles at Blade, obviously proud at the young lad. As Blade attacked the targeted prey, Raiden lunged for the elks throat, his large fangs buried into its already bloody skin. More blood began to pour as he buried his fangs even deeper and the doe dropped down, though still trying to kick its way free. The elk finally took its last breaths, when Raiden released it from the grip of his now blood-red fangs, blood squirted out as he did. He licks his maw clean, satisfied with the kill. "You've got potential, Blade." He praised while panting. "That was quite a run. Now, help me get this back to the den." He added but then the buck that only just earlier had been watching, started to walk towards them. It did not seem to be attacking and just calmly walking to them. 'Is this guy a fool?' Raiden had thought. 'Why would an elk come near to its predator...' His was then caught by surprise when he finally got a closer look at the buck. "Titan?.." He asked, wide eyed.

"Raiden.. Long time no see."

Raiden's jaw dropped [OOC: this is exaggerated a bit] "My, oh My.. Glad to see an old friend again." He said awkwardly. "Sorry about taking one of your doe's." He said, not sounding too apologetic while glancing at his and Blade's kill. "I didn't notice that that was your herd." Raiden called Blade. "Hey, Blade. Meet Titan. He's the one that taught me how to hunt by using the earths vibrations." He introduced the large buck, sounding a bit happy.

"No harm done, my friend. I'll explain later why I had let you have her" the buck answered. "My greetings, Blade."
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Blade kept pinning her down while Raiden made the killing blow. Though he would have liked to have done it he didn't say anything. Raiden was in charge. Blade felt the heaving last breaths of the doe as she faded away. Her tense muscles grew limp under him and he didn't unhinge his jaws and let go until he couldn't feel her move. He saw Raiden lick the blood from his own muzzle and Blade was about to but he hesitated. He kind of liked the cool red liquid on his face. "You've got potential, Blade. That was quite a run. Now, help me get this back to the den," said the red wolf and Blade puffed out his chest with pride. He nodded and was about to grasp the doe in his jaws when Raiden turned. Ears sticking straight up Blade's eyes followed the other's gaze to the buck, who was approaching them. Not knowing exactly how to do with this (weren't they supposed to run away?) Blade didn't do anything. His ears pinned back as he thought of wolf behaviors. Walking with this kind of purpose was usually a threatening pose. Blade stood his ground. Blade was stunned when Raiden spoke to the buck and even more so when it answered. 'They talk?!' he thought and his eyes widened a little. When Raiden explained this deer had taught him to sense using the vibrations Blade was a bit confused... why would an elk teach him how to hunt his own species? "Umm... yeah... sorry," Blade mumbled to the elk after the other male apologized. He figured Raiden would want him to, to represent the pack nicely or something.
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Raiden turned to look at the young male. The young males face full of confusion. 'Probably thinking why this buck and me are friends'

"Can I talk to you, Raid. In private." The large buck asked.

It seemed like it was something really important and so Raiden followed the elk, but not before he told Blade to stay and guard their kill for a bit. He wasn't going to take long anyway. He immediately came back after their talk. "Alright. Now, where were we? ah we were getting this back to the den. Well then let's go. I'll answer questions later. The pack should come first." He spoke fast that even he himself didn't understand. The talk might have stirred quite a bit of Raiden's emotions and no one know's except for Raven, that he's emotions are quite unstable. It was dangerous for everyone to be around him if he's like this and so, he tried to distract himself.

"Take care, my friend. Keep your eyes peeled for suspicious beings!" The buck yelled from a distance and then walked away.
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Blade watched as the wolf walked away with the buck to have their "talk". What were they saying? Raiden was nodding solemnly as Titan spoke. Blade sat down and, knowing he shouldn't, angled his ears and tried to pick up some of the sound. They must have thought of this, because they only thing he got even at his best angle was mumbling. Annoyed, Blade snorted and he looked up just in time to see the red wolf coming back. Suddenly he was glad he'd done that or he would have been caught attempting to eavesdrop. When the other male came back and they resumed dragging the prey home, Blade's mouth slammed shut like a bear trap on his unanswered questions. Raiden looked... Blade didn't know quite the word. Spooked? Agitated? Stressed? Whatever it was, the male wasn't in the mood for talking. Blade leaned down to the doe and grabbed her neck in his sharp jaws and crunched, not enough to break any bones but enough to really dig in. He yanked over and over, using his questions to fuel his actions. What happened during the talk? What did the buck have to do with it? Why was the wolf dragging beside him so... whatever the word. And most importantly, who were the "suspicious beings"?
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiden Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:51 am

Biting the hind part of the elk, his fangs bored deeply. His face occupied by deep thoughts, which made him have a strained look. He did nothing and remained silent for the rest of their walk. Blade was looking restless and annoyed that he didn't know anything. 'The young lad deserves to know' He sighs. As soon as they get back to the den, Raiden would summon Raven and talk things through. He was planning on letting the Blade listen to his news. Raiden's body shook with his thoughts.

-switching back to ~Where The Fish Swim In Many [Den]~
Raiden
Raiden
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 pm

-Also switching to Where The Fish Swim In Many, where I'll post-
Blade
Blade
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4